Search This Blog

Monday, May 20, 2013

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

When I grow up I want to write like Philip K. Dick --- without the real madness in my head of course.

His brand of eeriness is exactly the effect I want to create and can't. If I can do that I'd die a happy woman.

I don't think when he wrote the novel he was thinking about psychopathy, but his portrayal of empathy-less androids is precisely psychopaths.

Empathy, that's what makes one human. According to some researchers' claim, one in four among us is an android ... I mean psychopath.

The movie (Blade Runner) didn't get it.

No comments:

The Ending of Le Samourai (1967), Explained

A quick online search after watching Jean-Pierre Melville's Le Samourai confirmed my suspicion: The plot is very rarely understood b...