Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Utterly Hopeless

Yet another fascinating ... "thing" I just happened to come across, would like to explore, but have no time for: World politics and history through the view of neo-realism. It's all because I read a feature in The Atlantic about John Mearsheimer. Oh, what a breath of fresh air to replace that rotten egg smell of Idealism (trademark of the special American brand) saturating the air. It is hardly a coincidence that Mearsheimer is interested in China. But I really don't have time to read his books, even though I'm incredibly intrigued.

As a Chinese person, I'm secretly amused that Mearsheimer is and will remain a Cassandra, a pariah, a voice in the woods, kept away from mainstream policies and influences. :)

No comments:

The Ending of Le Samourai (1967), Explained

A quick online search after watching Jean-Pierre Melville's Le Samourai confirmed my suspicion: The plot is very rarely understood b...